This position is currently closed. To see current job openings, please visit the Sonnax Career Opportunities page.
Responsible for maintaining engineering document control records and related files, organizing prototypes and pilot lot testing, and updating information for product line meetings.
- Back-up position for Document Control Specialist.
- Set up new products using ERP system (enterprise resource planning; Sonnax uses Sage X3 system).
- Process ECN’s and make basic drawing changes in ACAD & SolidWorks CAD systems. Update revision block and title block and maintain product data revision control.
- Effectively communicate in verbal and written forms with people from a wide variety of backgrounds in multiple departments.
- Assist engineers with setting up parts in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system; Aras Innovator.
- Attach quotes & other necessary documents to New Product Projects.
- Track & organize engineering prototypes.
- Track pilot lot arrival dates & deliver samples to engineers for testing.
- Perform basic inspection of parts.
- Prepare packaging layouts.
- Run necessary reports for Product Line meetings & Engineering managers.
- Maintain Engineering Samples Libraries.
- Order miscellaneous supplies for Engineering.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Continuously make suggestions for better, more efficient ways of doing things.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- High school diploma or GED, plus two years of directly related experience required. Associates degree preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in MS Office with emphasis on Outlook, Excel, Word, and Windows Explorer.
- Must have a basic understanding and knowledge of the use of quality assurance inspection equipment and reading of data and reports.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to quickly grasp and execute duties with minimal instructions.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings is a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD, SolidWorks and PDM Works are desirable.
- Understanding bills of material is a plus.