This position is currently closed. To see current job openings, please visit the Sonnax Career Opportunities page.
Responsible for product development and design (strong emphasis on design) for manufacturability.
- Part of a cross-functional team that designs, tests and reviews new drivetrain components for the automotive aftermarket.
- ASET/BSET/BSME or equivalent with 3 to 5 years of related work experience. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) is preferred.
- Experience producing product design layouts and detailed drawings is required.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the methods, processes and materials used in manufacturing precision metal and plastic parts–including aluminum die castings, steel and aluminum forgings, plastic molded components and CNC machined components.
- Ability to work independently to determine proper materials, heat treatments, coatings, tolerances and dimensioning required for the design and manufacturing processes of product.
- Proficiency in solid modeling using SolidWorks or an equivalent solid modeling package.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of automotive drivetrain technology is desired, but not required.