Quality Control Manager
This position is currently closed. To see current job openings, please visit the Sonnax Career Opportunities page.
Manage the quality control inspection team and program to ensure Sonnax products meet quality standards and specifications, and are in coordination with the production, inventory and shipping plan of the business.
- Provide daily leadership to workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other department managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Oversee the material review board (MRB) processes and database.
- Create and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Work with other quality team members to support supplier quality, quality projects and other continuous improvement work as assigned.
- Oversee and maintain the precision measuring equipment selection, training, calibration and management.
- Build teamwork and communication in department.
- Maintain required staffing level and coordinate updated training, as needed, to comply with operational or process changes.
- Monitor individual and departmental performance and direct efforts for improvement or corrective action needed for problem resolution.
- B.S or equivalent plus 5 or more years of management experience in inspection and/or quality control required. Experience in precision metal QC preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Six Sigma Methodologies; certification a plus.
- Strong understanding of metrology.
- Extensive knowledge of geometric dimensions and tolerancing required.
- Affiliation with ASQC or ASQC training preferred.
- Experience using statistical process control tools.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
- Ability to wear (without restrictions) required personal protective equipment including safety eyewear and footwear.