Electrical Test Engineer
This position is currently closed. To see current job openings, please visit the Sonnax Career Opportunities page.
Support the development of new and remanufactured electrical and electromechanical devices. Design and perform tests, and create capability to both capture relevant data and perform data analysis. Complete technical evaluation and simulation of various drivetrain control architectures with focus on both component level as well as total system level.
- Outfit vehicles with Data Acquisition Systems to reverse engineer the operating systems of electromechanical devices.
- Create and maintain LabVIEW VI for Data Acquisition Systems or other uses.
- Program recorded data into test benches to simulate vehicle control systems.
- Design hardware to be used in various test benches.
- Program microcontroller and Field Programmable Gate Array as needed to support hardware development.
- Create and maintain schematics for various electronic devices.
- Design and troubleshoot board level components for test equipment or new products.
- Operate required machinery and equipment in a safe manner, following established safety rules.
- Follow established tool and instrument control procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in electrical/mechanical or electromechanical engineering or related field and minimum of (3) years of relevant experience.
- Good oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in technical area to solve a wide range of problems, including new or highly complex problems that cannot be solved using existing methods.
- Able to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information.
- Focuses work processes on customer needs and their satisfaction.
- Begins projects without prompting and energetically follows through.
- Widely trusted and dependable, and takes ownership.
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, and programming of automated tests systems.