Powerglide Extreme Gear Set
- 1:69 Ratio Planetary Ring Gear
- Flanged Front Sun Gear (12-Tooth)
- Rear Sun Gear
- Long Pinion Gears (3)
- Short Pinion Gears (3)
1.69 Ratio, 12-Tooth
- Ratio: 1.69
- Flange Tooth Count: 12
- Gear Process Level: Extreme
Extreme gear sets from Sonnax include Advanced Process sun gears and pinions made to the same exacting standards used on Formula 1, Nascar and other high-end professional racing circuits. Advanced Process parts undergo an additional three-step process that allows for greater durability and higher levels of performance.
- Cryogenic tempering to ultra-low temperatures (-350°F) for an even denser, more uniform gear with a tough and wear-resistant structure.
- Shot peening for increased gear resistance to fatigue failure, cracking or galling.
- Super-finish to reduce friction, vibration, noise and wear on the gear, potentially tripling the life of the part.
Each gear set includes a flanged sun gear and a ring gear. The flange is machined from billet, not a stamped piece. The flange is broached and matched to the sun gear for a precise press fit that does not require welding.