- Poor cooler charge at idle
- Poor Forward & Reverse engagement
- Poor line pressure control
- Reverse slip
Excessive wear at the regulator valve pressure sleeve and low reverse boost pressure.
The Sonnax upgraded sleeve and plug kit restores the hydraulic integrity of the line pressure circuit.
Line Pressure Plug & Sleeve Kit
- Plug .200" Dia.
Vehicles with Chrysler A727 and 42-46-47RH/RE transmissions may have problems with slippage in reverse, poor cooler charge at idle, and high or low line control. These complaints are often due to excessive wear at the line pressure plug and sleeve. When this sleeve and plug wears, leakage past the plug prevents the pressure regulator valve from properly controlling line pressure.
Sonnax line pressure plug and sleeve kit 22229-01K restores hydraulic integrity to the circuit. The Sonnax plug increases Reverse boost while the O-ring on the sleeve prevents line pressure cross leaks.
- Allows pressure regulator valve to properly control line pressure
- .200" Plug diameter
This kit fits Chrysler A727 units with boost tube only and 42-46-47RH/RE units with .200" plug diameters.
You need this if...
The regulator valve fails a wet air test at the port indicated. To test, place a small amount of oil into the orificed line port. Follow with low air pressure.
- If a line-to-lube hole has been drilled in the PR valve circuit, it should be plugged to reduce converter drainback.
- Inspect the line pressure plug and sleeve. Leakage here will result in poor line pressure control.
- Inspect the TV checkball separator plate seat. Leakage here may produce stacked shifts and/or no kickdown.
Click here to view PDF if instructions do not appear below.