- Converter bushing failure
- Delayed engagement
- Lube failures
- Pressure regulator buzz
Poor converter line feed pressure causes delayed engagement, pump bushing and lube failure.
Install this steel valve for improved stability. Lube regulation improves converter feed at low RPM and high throttle conditions.
Lube Regulated Pressure Regulator Valve
OE valve must match '78-later design. See instructions for details.
Under extreme pressure or temperature conditions, the converter/lube circuit in listed Chrysler RWD units can be restricted by the PR valve. The practice of drilling a hole between passages is problematic. This outdated technique contributes to slow engagements or — if the hole is improperly drilled — excessive converter pressure and low line pressure.
The best way to improve oil flow is to replace the OE valve with Sonnax lube regulator pressure regulator valve 22771A-02K, which ensures oil flow under extreme operating conditions and prevents drainback when the truck is off.
- Improves converter feed/lube oil flow at critical low RPM and high load conditions
- Redesigned valve prevents fluid drainback & slow engagements
- Helps charge the converter in Park
- 22771A-02K and Sonnax 22771-09 can be used independently, but are of greatest benefit when used as a pair PR valve/manual valve pair
To prevent converter slippage, restricted cooler flow and possible hydraulic noise, remove the cooler line drainback valve.
- Patent No. 6,712,726
Click here to view PDF if instructions do not appear below.
Valve Body Layouts
Related Tech Articles