Tool Required VB-FIX Required
- Converter drainback
- Delayed engagement
- Lube failures
Poor converter line feed pressure caused by worn-out pressure regulator bores leads to delayed engagements and pump bushing and lube failure.
The Sonnax steel valve kit offers increased stability while lube regulation improves converter feed at low RPM and high throttle conditions and allows bores to be oversized.
Oversized Lube Regulated Pressure Regulator Valve & Line/TV Pressure Plug Kit
- Pressure Regulator Valve
- Line/TV Pressure Plug Assembly
- Pressure Regulator Spring
In Chrysler 48RE units, the cooler/converter charge circuit is not opened until the pressure regulator valve moves far enough to flow oil. The industry fix of drilling a small orifice between line pressure and cooler circuit ensures flow to the converter/lube circuit, but the hole also increases the converter drainback problem because ATF can drain when the engine is turned off. Sonnax now offers 22771A-16K, an oversized lube regulated pressure regulator valve and line/TV pressure plug kit that allows rebuilders to salvage worn valve bodies.
- Oversized pressure regulator valve is designed with an internal check valve that allows oil to flow into the converter charge circuit as soon as the vehicle is started.
- Internal valve shuts down once line pressure reaches normal levels.
- With engine off, the internal check valve prevents fluid from draining out through the orifice, reducing converter drainback.
- Kit includes a matched oversized line/TV pressure plug and pressure regulator spring.
- Patent No. 6,712,726