- Burnt Reverse band
- No Reverse
- Reverse servo piston plug breakage
- Reverse servo piston plug wear
The OEM aluminum servo plugs wear and gall due to soft material and are also prone to break at the spring seat area due to high stresses in reverse.
The improved Sonnax servo plug is double the tensile strength of the OE part, reduces the major stress riser, and works in all applications.
Reverse Servo Piston Plug Kit
- Retaining Ring
There are two styles of the OE reverse servo piston plug in Chrysler RWD units:
- The extended tip version for the 47RH/RE (A618) and 48RE
- The flat tip version for the 40RH, 42RH/RE, 44RE (A500), 46RH/RE (A518), 36RH, 37RH (A727) and 30RH (A904).
Both versions of these OE aluminum plugs are subject to wear, galling, and breaking at the spring seat area due to high stresses in Reverse. Sonnax Reverse servo piston plug kit 22912-01K can be configured to work in both OE applications, and is manufactured from hardened steel to more than double the tensile strength of the part.
- A larger radius is provided at the spring seat area to minimize the primary stress riser and prevent breakage
- O-Ring added to seal between the plug and the piston eliminates leakage of servo apply oil
- New, heavy-duty retaining ring included in kit