The OEM aluminum servo plugs wear and gall due to soft material and are also prone to break at the spring seat area due to high stresses in reverse.
The improved Sonnax servo plug is double the tensile strength of the OE part, reduces the major stress riser, and works in all applications.
There are two styles of the OE reverse servo piston plug in Chrysler RWD units: the extended tip version for the 47RH/RE (A618) and 48RE, and the flat tip version for the 40RH, 42RH/RE, 44RE (A500), 46RH/RE (A518), 36RH, 37RH (A727) and 30RH (A904). Both versions of these OEM aluminum plugs are subject to wear, galling, and breaking at the spring seat area due to high stresses in reverse. The Sonnax replacement plug 22912-01K can be configured to work in both OE applications, and has been manufactured from hardened steel to more than double the tensile strength of the part.
• Plug is machined from wear-resistant hardened steel with more than double the tensile strength of the OEM part.
• A larger radius is provided at the spring seat area to minimize the primary stress riser and prevent breakage.
• 2-for-1 design works in all applications, with minimal modification.
• O-Ring added to seal between the plug and the piston eliminates leakage of servo apply oil.
• Replacement heavy-duty retaining ring included in kit.
Questions or comments? Send us a message using the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.