Powerglide 1.80 Extreme Planetary Carrier Assembly & Output Shaft
- Carrier Assembly
- Output Shaft Short Length
- 1.80 Gear Set 24-Tooth
1.80 Ratio with short 300M shaft
- Ratio: 1.80
- Flange Tooth Count: 24
- Gear Process Level: Extreme
- Material: 300M Rolled Spline
- Shaft Length Option: Short
Sonnax offers complete Powerglide planetary assemblies available with a variety of gear set options. These assemblies come in various configurations to meet different build requirements. HY-Tuf, rolled spline output shafts are available in the OE length or short length, along with an optional 300M rolled spline short shaft version. The machined-from-billet drum flange is offered either 12-tooth (OE) or 24-tooth configurations. Extreme planetary assemblies from Sonnax include Advanced Process sun gears and pinions made to the same exacting standards used on Formula 1, Nascar and other high-end professional racing circuits. Advanced Process parts undergo an additional three-step process that allows for greater durability and higher levels of performance. These units are fully assembled and ready to install.
- Cryogenic tempering to ultra-low temperatures (-350°) for an even denser, more uniform gear with a tough and wear-resistant structure.
- Shot peening for increased gear resistance to fatigue failure, cracking or galling.
- Super-finish to reduce friction, vibration, noise and wear on the gear, potentially tripling the life of the part.
I run a Sonnax 1.80 straight cut gear set and have had no problems or issues, plan on purchasing another real soon for another car we are putting together. Thanks Sonnax for the reliability and durability in your product.”
Brooklyn Park, MN