Tool Required VB-FIX Required
- Code 62, 628, 1744
- Engine stall on engagement in Reverse
- Engine stumble on engagement in Reverse
- High line pressure
- Overheated converter
OE valve can restrict converter charge and cooler flow due to wear, and/or insufficient balance oil keeps the PR valve in the high line pressure position.
The Sonnax oversized pressure regulator valve kit has a patented internal line-to-lube passage with anti-drainback check valve that allows full-time flow to the cooler circuit, yet prevents dainback.
Oversized Line-to-Lube Pressure Regulator Valve Kit
- Pressure Regulator Valve
- Boost Valve Assembly
- O-Rings (3) 1 Extra
Fits Ford E40D and 4R100 with F1, F5, F8 and E9 stamped pump castings.
Ford E4OD, 4R100 transmissions often have problems with converter overheat, codes 62, 628, 1744, high line pressure and low cooler flow. The OE valve can close off critical converter/cooler circuit under high-demand situations, causing the TCC to drag on and glaze the lining at idle, or restricting converter/cooler charge during high load, leading to converter slip codes, overheat and lube failures. Sonnax oversized line-to-lube pressure regulator valve kit 36424-16K corrects these problems with a patented internal line-to-lube passage with antidrainback check valve and a revised balance-end orifice.
- Valve is hardcoat anodized to reduce wear
- Internal check valve capsule allows full-time flow to the converter/cooler, but prevents drainback
- An added orifice at the balance end ensures sufficient line pressure is present to balance against EPC and spring pressure
- Carbide reamer in tool kit allows bore to be resized despite hardness of pump body material
- Patent No. 6,826,908