- 1-2 Soft
- 2-3 Slip
- 3-2 Slip
- Burnt intermediate clutches
- Delayed Reverse
- Direct clutch burned
- Direct clutch failure
- Intermediate clutch failure
- No 2nd
Clearance and movement between the case and center support allows apply fluid to leak, lowering clutch apply pressure.
Install the Clutch Feed Seals during rebuild to prevent loss of critical apply fluid.
Intermediate & Direct Clutch Feed Seal Kit
- Clutch Seal Intermediate
- Seal Adapter Tube Intermediate
- Clutch Seal Direct
- Seal Adapter Tube Direct
- Springs (2)
A major cause of low clutch apply pressure, soft shifts and burned clutches is leakage between the case and the clutch feed passages in the intermediate clutch support and the center supports. There is no positive seal as oil passes from the case to either of these supports, and normal clearance, accumulated wear and movement of the supports under load combine to cause major leaks at this location. For a 100% positive seal and zero leakage, install the 36424-24K seal kits into every overhaul.
- Drop-in seal kit for both intermediate clutch and direct clutch feeds.
- Seals even under heavy loads when movement/flexing of center supports occurs.
- No special tools or machining required to install.