Boost Valve Kit
- O-Rings (3)
Fits clicker style units, '76-earlier
When rebuilding high performance or heavy-duty Ford C6 transmissions, it is common to find a worn boost sleeve in the clicker type valve body. This wear causes poor line rise, which results in erratic shift timing, reverse shudder or direct clutch failure. This can be caused by the reciprocating boost valve wearing the inside diameter of the boost sleeve. When this occurs, oil that enters the modulated line pressure orifice leaks past the boost valve and exhausts through the reverse orifice, resulting in poor or no line rise. The outside diameter of the boost sleeve may allow some leakage through the valve body, which can result in insufficient line rise. Sonnax boost valve kit 36941-01K to eliminates the above problems. Replace the boost valve and sleeve to restore performance and to reduce the chance of premature failure.
- Sleeve is manufactured from highly wear-resistant aluminum alloy
- Hardcoat anodized valve combats premature wear
A number of boost valve kits are available for this unit:
- Normal line pressure boost (gas ratio): Kits 36946-01K, 36946-04K and 36941-01K.
- Increased line pressure boost (diesel ratio): Kits 36946-02K and 36946-03K are recommended for all heavy-duty applications.
- Kit 36941-01K works in early model "clicker" versions with screw on boost valve end plate.
- Kits 36946-01K, 36946-02K and 36941-01K include O-rings to provide additional protection against both cross leakage and oil exhausting through the valve body bore.
You need this if...
To check for a worn boost sleeve, perform the Wet Air Test. With the boost valve assembly still in the valve body, place a small amount of oil into the modulated line pressure orifice. Follow this with low air pressure. There should be little to no air or oil leakage out of the reverse or exhaust circuits.
Click here to view PDF if instructions do not appear below.