- 1-2 Soft
- 2-3 Soft
- Intermittent harsh shifts
- Low EPC pressure
- Low line rise
Severe wear of line pressure modulator sleeve allows EPC oil leakage and /or plunger valve hang-up.
Sonnax offers four variations of this line pressure modulator sleeve and valve kit that prevent excessive EPC oil loss.
Line Pressure Modulator Plunger Valve Kit
- Plunger Valve
- Dia.: 0.331"
Some E4OD, 4R100 transmissions have soft 1-2 or 2-3 shifts, intermittent harsh shifts or poor line rise complaints. These can be caused by ECU (electronic control unit) or accumulator pressure problems. Severe wear of the line pressure modulator sleeve allows EPC (electronic pressure control) oil to leak past the valve and cause soft shifts. Severe wear can also cause the valve to stick or hang up, causing harsh shifts. Sonnax offers four size variations of the line pressure modulator sleeve and valve kit that eliminate this oil loss problem.
- Sleeve is manufactured from carbon steel to prevent excessive wear.
- Valve is made from hardened alloy steel for better wear resistance.
- O-ring helps prevent EPC oil loss.
- Annular grooves center valve in sleeve and eliminate sideloading.
- Improves shift firmness.
6- & small 8-cylinder applications: .331"