- Erratic shifts
- Gear ratio & solenoid codes
- No 3rd when hot
- No 4th when hot
- Shift timing change with temperature
Wear of bore end plugs allowing solenoid feed oil to exhaust.
The Sonnax kit contains O-ringed end plugs to positively seal the bores.
O-ringed End Plug & Checkball Kit
- Small End Plugs (2)
- Large End Plug
- Small O-Rings (5) 1 Extra
- Large O-Rings (3) 1 Extra
- Checkballs (4) not shown
- L Retaining Pins (4) not shown
The end plugs at the kick downshift control, manual low, and throttle downshift control valves become loose. This allows solenoid feed oil to exhaust and drop below 40-45 psi, which prevents the shift valves from stroking fully. The Sonnax kit 37947-13K contains o-ringed end plugs for these three locations, which positively seal the circuit to prevent oil loss.
- O-ringed end plugs positively seal the circuit to prevent oil loss.
- End plugs have threaded ends for ease of installation and removal.
- Kit contains 4 Torlon® checkballs to replace lost or damaged originals.
- Kit contains 4 L shaped retainer pins to replace lost originals.