- Converter misalignment
- Cracked crankshaft spacer
- Cracked flywheel
- Front pump/converter seal leaks
- Worn crankshaft spacer
Lack of support for the torque converter pilot in the crankshaft spacer.
The Sonnax billet steel spacer will not wear or break as the OE powdered metal spacer does.
- Outer Dia.: 2.972"
- Inner Dia.: 0.751"
- Thickness: 0.875"
- Bolt Holes: 6
- Material: Steel
The crankshaft spacer in A4LD, 4R44E and 5R55E applications is prone to cracking and wear because the powdered metal material of the OE spacer cannot provide adequate support for the torque converter pilot. Once the spacer wears or breaks, the result is converter misalignment.
- Sonnax billet steel crankshaft spacers are significantly more durable than the OE powdered metal version.
- Eliminates concern of repeat breakage and wear.
- Both are simple drop-in replacements.