- 2-3 Flare
- B5 Clutch distress
- Engine stall on engagement
- Harsh shifts
- No 2-3
- No lockup
- Shift concerns
Sleeve wear affects the position of the solenoid relay valve. Complaint depends on amount of solenoid modulator oil loss and in which position that valve may seize.
The tightly toleranced, drop-in replacement Sonnax valve and sleeve assembly restores proper hydraulic clearances and uses upgraded materials to prevent wear.
Solenoid Relay Valve Kit
Also fits AW55-51SN, AF 23/33 and RE5F22A units.
- Sleeve is manufactured from highly wear-resistant billet aluminum.
- Valve is made from hard-coat anodized aluminum to prevent wear.
- Salvages costly cores with minimal labor.
- Eliminates the need for expensive OE valve bodies.
You need this if...
A vacuum test of the sleeve assembly (while in the bore at the outboard solenoid modulator feed port indicated) gives less than 18" of vacuum, or if a Wet Air Test at the same location results in leakage at the neighboring exhaust port on the opposite side of the casting
Click here to view PDF if instructions do not appear below.