- Erratic shift timing
- Oil leaks
Leaking valve end plugs in pre mid-'83 units, or worn 3-4 shift valve and sleeve in mid-'83 and later units.
Plugs are manufactured of high-quality aluminum to resist wear. The O-ring on the outside diameter prevents leakage between the plug and the valve body. The medium 3-4 plug is replaced by the 3-4 shift valve assembly after mid-'83.
Governor Circuit End Plug Kit
- Plug, Small
- O-Rings, Small (8)
- Plugs, Medium (2)
Vehicles with an AOD transmission often have shift timing complaints due to governor or accumulator oil circuit leakage caused by leaking valve end plugs in the valve body. Most AOD valve assemblies are designed with an end plug to help retain the line-up and seal the circuitry. As these end plugs wear, circuit oil is lost and affects shift timing. Installing Sonnax O-ringed valve end plugs can eliminate this excessive leakage.
- Replacement plugs are included for the following valve applications: 1-2 accumulator, 1-2 shift, 2-3 shift, 1-2 capacity modulator, orifice control, O.D. servo regulator, 3-4 shift (plug or sleeve), and either the 3-4 shuttle or 2-3 backout.
- Plugs have been manufactured from of high-quality aluminum designed to resist wear.
- O-ring on the outside diameter prevents leakage between the plug and the valve body.
- Plugs have a standard 8-32 UNC threaded hole for assistance in installation and removal.
- O-ringed plugs are more durable than knurling the O.D. of the original plug