- Code 24, 60
- Delayed Reverse
- High L/R clutch volume index (CVI over 100)
Gasket distortion causes leakage at the low/reverse oil feed.
Steel shim prevents distortion and leakage at the feed port caused by mounting bolt pressure.
Low/Reverse Piston Retainer Oil Feed Seal Kit
- Steel Shim
- Rubber Grommet
The root cause of low/reverse oil feed leakage is piston retainer distortion and gasket material relaxing around the clutch feed hole. This prevents a positive seal around the oil feed hole on the piston retainer. The Sonnax steel gasket will not distort. The rubber grommet provides positive sealing at the passage. A Chrysler production parts change included a redesigned piston retainer and gasket. The Sonnax new design steel shim can be used to replace early- or late-style gaskets.
- Easy to install, lipped grommet stays securely in place during assembly.
- Steel gasket shim will not compress.
- Rubber grommet located in and around the feed hole forms a positive seal only where needed.
- Compressible material behind the retainer is eliminated.
- Updated shim can be used on both early- and late-style retainers.
Install this new design steel shim and rubber grommet in place of the original gasket of either design. Do not replace a new-style OE gasket with an old style shim.
- Patent No. 6,835,150