- 1-2 Flare
- 2-1 Clunk
- 2-3 Flare
- Band failure
- Clutch failure
- Harsh Reverse
- Non-adjustable (high) throttle pressure
The boost valve wears the inside diameter of the boost sleeve, allowing TV/EPC and reverse oil leakage.
These replacement assemblies provide wear-resistant materials, minimum clearance for restored pressure control, and optional O-rings for positive sealing within the bore.
Boost Valve Kit
- O-Rings (2)
Fits all except 3.0 Liter 12 valve, O-ring style
Vehicles with an AXOD, AXODE, AX4S or AX4N transmission frequently have flare 1-2 & 2-3 upshifts, high pressure, harsh reverse (300 psi), 2-1 downshift clunk, non-adjustable throttle pressure, and clutch or band failure from poor line rise. This is caused by wear on the inside bore of the boost sleeve allowing TV/EPC and/or reverse oil to either leak to exhaust or cross leak. Sonnax offers boost valve kits for both 3.0 and 3.8 liter applications and sleeves with or without O-rings (factory style) to eliminate the above problems.
- Sleeves are made from high-quality aluminum to prevent wear.
- Valves are hard-anodized for longer life.
- O-ring sleeves prevent leakage between the sleeve and valve body bore.
- Available in two sizes: 96201-12K (O-ring style) and 96201-13K (factory style) with a small diameter boost valve of .475"; 96201-01K (O-ring style) and 96201-08K (factory style) with a small diameter boost valve of .491".