Multi-Plate Clutch Kit
- Turbine Hub Rivets (8)
- Turbine Hub
- Seal PTFE
- Energizer Ring
- Radial Lip Seal
- Clutch Plate with Internal Splines
- Clutch Plate with External Splines
- Front Cover Thrust Washer
- Front Cover Ball Bearing
- Front Cover
- Complete Damper Assembly
- Turbine Hub Input Spline Count: 27
- Unit Size: 13.5"
- Core: Chrysler 68RFE
- Dampered: Yes
- Lock Up: Yes
When diesel trucks are modified for either racing or street use, OE clutch plates slip and just do not hold. Limited damper capacity further cripples performance. Upgrading to an aftermarket multi-plate converter is the only solution.
Sonnax multi-plate clutch kit CH-RK-2A improves holding capacity in the Chrysler 68RFE without sacrificing stock shift action. Clear instructions, minimal setup and easy assembly make these foolproof upgrades. All-new kit components eliminate the rework and limitations associated with salvaged parts.
Enhanced design features include:
- Fully-machined, forged piston and custom damper rivets won’t bend under extreme lockup pressure.
- Piston is tested and proven to withstand bending up to 400 psi.
- Spring end caps limit how far springs compress under load to prevent breakage.
- Increased oil flow improves cooling and lubrication of clutch plates.
- Patented piston/damper assembly absorbs up to 1,250 ft-lbs. of torque. That’s nearly twice the stock capacity of the 68RFE
- Three solid, non-segmented, high-thermal, high-torque capacity friction elements.
- Patent No. 7,770,704
Sonnax Performance Converter Kits
Engineered to Deliver Builds that Last
Designed from the ground up to outperform OE and other aftermarket components, Sonnax has you covered with a full line of performance converter kits for gas and diesel vehicles. Offering the widest variety of options in the aftermarket, these innovative kits deliver customized performance and value.
Small/Large Diameter Single-Plate/Multi-Plate/Non-Lockup Dampered/DamperlessLearn more about Sonnax performance converter kits!
Click here to view PDF if instructions do not appear below.