- Manual lever binds
- Missing, corroded or broken shift selector shield
OE shift selector shield breached due to rust decay, or vehicle not equipped with OE shield.
Install upgraded Sonnax shift selector shield.
Shift Selector Shield Kit
OE Part No: BC3Z-7B229-B, 4C3Z-7H181-AA
- Shift Selector Shield Upper
- Shift Selector Shield Lower
- Shield Bolt
- Retaining Bolt (2)
- Retaining Clip
Fits non-PTO units only.
Some Ford trucks equipped with non-PTO 6R140 transmissions utilize a shift selector shield that is prone to rust deterioration. Expensive OE replacement shields can quickly kill the profit margin involved in replacing this assembly. In addition, some vehicles come without this shield, allowing the shift linkage to become jammed with snow, mud and road debris. This debris can interfere with linkage movement, resulting in high shift effort or manual lever bind-up. Installing Sonnax shift selector shield kit 126760-01K restores factory form and function without the high OE cost.
- Zinc plating provides superior corrosion protection
- Direct replacement for OE shield
- Significant cost savings over OE components