Smart-Tech® High Capacity Input Shaft & Piston Kit
- Input Shaft with Extended Hub
- Direct Clutch Piston with Anti-Rotation Tabs
- Steel Clutch Plate .068" with Missing Lugs
Replaces '67–'89 shafts with two sealing rings.
- Spline Tooth Count: 24
Based on an ultra-durable, one-piece forging, Sonnax Smart-Tech high capacity input shaft and piston kit 22119B-02K has a hub with longer direct (front) clutch splines. Combining longer splines with a thinner billet aluminum direct piston allows for one extra (OE thickness) direct friction plate, while keeping original thickness steels, backing plate, original waved retaining ring and OE clutch clearances.
Some common aftermarket modifications designed to include extra clutches require reduced steel thickness and decrease the heat absorption capacity of the clutch pack; others reduce clearance and eliminate the waved retaining ring, which contributes to excessive 2-3 shift overlap. The Sonnax kit avoids these problems by increasing the number of frictions, adding to the steel mass of the clutch pack, and maintaining the original thickness backing plate and clearances for the optimum combination of increased capacity and durability in Chrysler A727 units.
- Adds one additional friction to direct clutch
- Made from forged 300M steel
- Heavy-duty, one-piece design eliminates weak connection between input shaft and forward clutch hub
- No change to backing plate thickness or retaining ring