CNC Machine Operator
This position is currently open. To see all current job openings, please visit the Sonnax Career Opportunities page.
Responsible for the operation of computerized numerical control (CNC) machines to produce parts to specified tolerances and company standard times.
- Operate CNC equipment to meet parts per hour requirements.
- Make necessary offset adjustments or request program updates in order to hold dimensions and tolerances to print specifications.
- Perform daily operator preventative maintenance tasks.
- Take proper care of all Sonnax tools and equipment and keep work areas clean and free of hazards.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of machining experience required.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings to understand tolerances of the parts to be machined.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, setup documentation and tooling sheets to set up a variety of jobs.
- Ability to properly use and read precision measuring equipment.
- Understanding of basic shop math including decimal/fraction conversion.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to wear (without restrictions) required personal protective equipment including safety eyewear and footwear.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Sonnax Industries, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
1 Automatic Drive
P.0. Box 440
Bellows Falls, VT 05101-0440, USA
Fax: (802) 428-1830