This position is currently closed. To see current job openings, please visit the Sonnax Career Opportunities page.
Responsible for the setting up and operation of manual equipment to produce parts or assemblies according to print specifications.
- Set up and operate machines to meet production requirements.
- Prep parts for transport to the next work center, inventory or warehouse.
- Interpret engineering drawings to determine specifications required to meet quality standards.
- Make necessary adjustments to hold dimensions and tolerances.
- Perform routine machine maintenance.
- Take proper care of all Sonnax tools and equipment and keep work areas clean and free of hazards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Understanding of basic mechanical properties.
- Experience in using and reading precision measuring tools.
- Ability to interpret setup documentation to set up a variety of jobs.
- Understanding of basic shop math including decimal/fraction conversion.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Willing to work around petroleum-based lubricants.
- Able to wear (without restrictions) required personal protective equipment including safety eyewear and footwear.