This position is currently closed. To see current job openings, please visit the Sonnax Career Opportunities page.
We are looking for a motivated and well-versed accounting candidate to fulfill the role of staff accountant.
Do you have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done accurately? Are you highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks to meet department deadlines? Do you want to be part of an employee-owned company committed to quality and customer service?
If you can answer yes to all of the questions above, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for!
- Record cash receipts, prepare bank deposits and maintain the accounts receivable subledger.
- Develop and assign standard costs to products.
- Analyze manufacturing and material price variances and make appropriate adjustments.
- Maintain fixed assets, record monthly depreciation and reconcile the subledger to the general ledger.
- Perform month and year-end close responsibilities.
- Use professional knowledge and concepts to solve problems.
- Act as a backup for payroll processing.
- Assist with the annual financial statement audit.
- Maintain inventory schedule for foreign subsidiary, and assist with the analysis of transfer pricing.
- Reconcile and monitor assigned accounts.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts.
- Complete other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 2-4 years of accounting experience.
- Understanding of GAAP.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- ERP systems knowledge, Sage ERP X3 a plus.
- Manufacturing environment experience a plus.