Computer Systems Specialist
This position is currently closed. To see current job openings, please visit the Sonnax Career Opportunities page.
Support our computing software and hardware infrastructure in an office, manufacturing, warehouse and remote worker environment. Install, modify, and make minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provide technical assistance and training to end-users.
- Answer help desk support line; ensure there is coverage during normal business hours.
- First level response to all help desk queries; redirect questions/issues as needed.
- Identify and resolve software and hardware conflicts, escalate complex issues (second level) to Senior Computer Systems Specialist.
- Inspect personal computer equipment and use build sheet that lists user requirements, to prepare end point for delivery.
- Install and configure hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, at end points.
- Install and configure specified software packages such as operating systems, word processing, or spreadsheet programs into end points.
- Enter commands and observe system functions to verify correct system operation.
- Respond to end-users inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Instruct users in use of equipment, software, and manuals.
- Recommend or perform minor remedial actions to correct problems.
- Provide updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
- Coordinate service calls with outside vendors for repairs.
- Maintain inventory of supplies, follow state mandated e-waste recycling requirement.
- Refer hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- A.S. degree in Information Technology, professional certifications, or 2-years of equivalent experience required.
- Knowledge of computer controlled manufacturing and warehousing systems and experience with Office 2013 is a plus.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Work frequently after hours to perform tasks outside of normal business hours.