Temporary Manufacturing Assistant
This position is currently closed. To see current job openings, please visit the Sonnax Career Opportunities page.
Perform duties to assist production workers to meet or exceed standard times on production work and keep work flowing. Perform rework, inventory tasks, and housekeeping tasks. Also responsible for daily, weekly, monthly and annual building and department maintenance duties to ensure equipment is in good working order.
- Operate equipment used to cut stock, deburr and rework components.
- Prepare parts for production by unpacking and staging, and/or washing.
- Package work orders for outgoing subcontract or warehouse.
- Perform inventory duties.
- Rework or sort product as required.
- Deliver materials to designated work areas for machining and packaging.
- Gather shop rags by the end of each week.
- Perform housekeeping duties inside the shop area.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior machining experience.
- Fork lift operation experience.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Working around petroleum based lubricants.
- Ability to wear (without restrictions) required personal protective equipment including safety eyewear and footwear.