Remanufacturing Operations Director – New Jersey Facility
This position is currently closed. To see current job openings, please visit the Sonnax Career Opportunities page.
Sonnax has an exciting operational management opportunity for a leader who thrives on growing production capacity within a collaborative organization. We are looking for the right candidate to manage our remanufacturing production site in New Jersey. This site was formerly an independent family owned and operated company that merged with Sonnax two years ago. It has been transitioning to support larger market demand of remanufactured valve bodies. The most qualified candidate will have successful experience in operational management while managing company field sites and the relationships with corporate groups.
- Manage production and other operational functions to meet quality, production and cost targets.
- Oversee and coordinate operational areas of responsibility that currently include: inventory control, shipping, receiving, maintenance, order entry, production scheduling, site-specific purchasing and limited human resources.
- Work with the company’s manufacturing and product engineering groups to implement change that improves quality, production capacity and cost.
- Collaborate with support departments at the company’s Vermont headquarters and throughout the organization.
- Ensure that procedures are established and followed to meet safety regulations, state rules and company guidelines.
- Procure valve body core to support production.
- Prepare and manage an annual operating budget.
- Bachelor‘s degree in Engineering, Business or related discipline and/or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing or operations; remanufacturing experience a plus.
- 5-7 years of talent management experience including managing production sites or plants that were not co-located with corporate offices.
- Proven ability to build teams and lead people through change.
- Experience working in businesses transitioning through acquisitions.
- Comfort with employee relations and developing floor supervisors and managers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle communications in both positive and conflictual situations.
- Experience applying Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement in both large and small operations.