This position is currently closed. To see current job openings, please visit the Sonnax Career Opportunities page.
We are looking for a technical/copywriter to draft, edit and/or rewrite high-quality documents that will contribute to the overall success of our various product lines. You will join a cross-functional team of engineers, technical experts, graphic artists and marketers who work collaboratively to develop a variety of materials to describe and promote our products and make them easier to use and understand. You must be able to understand, clarify and communicate complex information to people with diverse professional backgrounds and various nationalities.
- Write, rewrite, and/or edit product documents (instructions, descriptive summaries, technical articles, seminar presentations, webinars, catalogs and patent information) to simply, clearly and effectively communicate technical instructions or specifications for company products in the aftermarket automatic transmission, torque converter and driveline industry.
- Acquire in-depth subject knowledge by interviewing and collaborating with internal engineers and technical experts, and by referring to the product, technical specifications and engineering illustrations.
- Coordinate preparation of technical illustrations, charts and images that increase users’ product understanding by collaborating with engineers, technical experts, graphic artists and marketing.
- Manage internal proof-reading circulation process of various documents and mediate discrepancies.
- Review, revise and update existing product material as new issues and protocols arise.
- Excellent written skills in English, with demonstrated technical writing experience.
- Experience and willingness to collaborate with a cross-functional technical and marketing team.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and images.
- Mechanical aptitude or knowledge of automatic transmissions preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, and dedicated to technical accuracy, style guide adherence and proof-reading.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- BS/BA in English, Technical Writing, Communication, Engineering or equivalent work experience.