This position is currently closed. To see current job openings, please visit the Sonnax Career Opportunities page.
Responsible for selecting the process, work holding, tooling and generating the part program to most efficiently and accurately produce manufactured components to meet company quality measures and standard times on computerized numerical control (CNC) machines. Also responsible for creating and maintaining all documentation for CNC equipment and providing process information and cycle time estimates for costing.
- Interpret blueprints, sketches and drawings to understand the tolerances and requirements of the parts to be machined before generating the manufacturing process.
- Be aware of estimated cost (time) to machine parts, and strive to meet or reduce estimated cost.
- Maintain and update post processers for each machine.
- Create and maintain CNC programs, setup sheets and tooling sheets to ensure they are up-to-date with the same revision level as part prints.
- Ensure required tooling is available for all new parts.
- Confer with engineering or quality control personnel to resolve machining or dimensional issues.
- Take direction from Manufacturing Manager and/or Shop Supervisor to determine appropriate work center, work holding and tooling, and prepare set-up and tooling sheets.
- Work with Machine Operators to update new programs after they have been proven out.
- Assist set-up personnel and operators in resolving any problems with programs, work holding or tooling.
- Train new CNC Operators.
- Operate CNC machine when programming schedule is light or fill-in as needed.
- Work with the Manufacturing Engineers and Shop Supervisor to constantly improve set-up and machine cycle times.
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of programming experience using CAD/CAM (MasterCam) software.
- Basic shop math, trigonometry, geometric dimensions and tolerancing and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to wear (without restrictions) required personal protective equipment including safety eyewear and footwear.