This position is currently closed. To see current job openings, please visit the Sonnax Career Opportunities page.
Work as part of a purchasing team of buyers and planners to support the company’s material requirements for both production and product development. The position involves multiple interfaces both within the company and with supplier partners to procure products, materials, supplies and services for customer requirements and inventory demand.
- Verify requirements and specifications of purchase requests.
- Review inventory records, material requirements planning reports and check MRO storage areas to determine if material on hand is in sufficient quantity.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates and award contract to bidders, or place order with suppliers or mail order firms.
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain optimal terms.
- Clearly communicate Sonnax’s expectations to suppliers and hold them accountable for meeting those expectations.
- Confer with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Compute total cost of items purchased.
- Maintain electronic records of items purchased, prices and deliveries.
- Maintain organized records of materials, suppliers and purchase order history.
- Help resolve any issues with invoicing and accounts payable.
- Other projects as assigned by manager.
- Associate’s degree and/or 2+ years related experience. B.S. degree a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on the use of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to successfully plan and organize work through prioritization, breaking down tasks and requirements, scheduling time for completion, and staying focused.
- Able to proactively build collaborative working relationships with key internal and external contacts.
- Capable of acquiring and applying new information quickly.
- Ability to learn and understand how all aspects of one’s work affects other departments, and give care and attention to quality.
- Ability to communicate clearly with different types of people via different mediums (phone, email, face to face, etc.).
- Must display a track record of good judgment and sound decision making skills.
- Able to wear (without restrictions) required personal protective equipment including safety eyewear and footwear.