- Clutch failure
- Low clutch oil pressure
- Low line pressure in Reverse
- Shudder or slip on shift
Worn bushings and poor sealing ring performance associated with excessive clutch drum run-out and instability.
The Sonnax precision bushings are designed to have tighter clearances for better drum stability and improved circuit integrity
Bushing & Thrust Washer Kit
- Forward Clutch Drum Bushing K1
- Shaft Bushing K1, 96/097/098 Only
- Reverse Clutch Drum Bushing K2
- Pump Gear Bushing
- Pump Housing Bushing
- Thrust Washer OEM thickness
- Thrust Washer .015" thicker
Worn bushings and poor sealing ring performance caused by excessive clutch drum run-out and instability can cause a variety of complaints in VW units. These include delayed reverse, low line pressure in reverse, clutch failure, shudder or slip on shift, and low clutch circuit pressure. The Sonnax bushing & thrust washer kit 119905-01K contains five precision bushings and two thrust washers with tighter tolerances for improved sealing characteristics.
Removing the large K1 forward clutch bushing is not easy. Using a chisel or grinder does the job, but tends to score the housing bore, which is less than desirable. The Sonnax tool 119905-TL1 allows the bushing to be removed without damaging the bore, and can also be used to install the new bushing to the correct depth. Tools 119905-TL2 and 119905-TL5 are designed for installing 119905-02 & 119905-05 bushings, and allow you to do it right on the first try.
- Bushings are steel-backed and bronze-lined for better wear resistance.
- Tighter clearances provide better drum stability and improved circuit integrity.
- No machining required for bushing installation.
- Tools prevent damage to housing bore while removing bushing and allow new bushing to be installed to the correct depth.