Tool Required VB-FIX Required
- Downshift bind-ups
- Excess clutch overlap & clutch distress
- Flare shifts
- Pressure control out-of-range codes
The K3 clutch control valve provides source pressure for control of clutch apply and release. Responding to TCU and the linear solenoid, the K3 control valve will establish control timing of apply and release relative to engine torque. Bore wear can cause either an overlap and bind-up or premature exhausting of clutch pressure, resulting in a flare shift.
The Sonnax wear resistant sleeve and valve corrects circuit pressure loss and restores control timing of the K3 clutch.
K3 Clutch Control Valve Kit
Flare upshifts or downshift bind-ups in vehicles with the Aisin AWTR-60SN,VW/Audi 09D transmission can be caused by a worn K3 clutch control valve. Wear at this valve causes incorrect shift timing, which can also cause clutch distress. The Sonnax K3 clutch control valve kit 25741-08K helps restore shift timing.
- The hard-coat anodized aluminum valve resists wear and fits more tightly in the sleeve bore than the OE for better sealing
- The valve sleeve is highly wear-resistant for increased life
- The new spring is included to maintain OE operating pressures