Tool Required VB-FIX Required
- Harsh Reverse
- Overheated fluid, bushings & converter
- Poor shift quality
- TCC slip
- TCC surge
Bore wear at the spring end of the valve allows the SLT circuit and regulated converter pressure to cross leak. Bore wear at the balance end of the valve reduces converter and lube flow. Boost sleeve wear results in converter pressure bleeding into and elevating EPC.
The Sonnax valve and boost assembly corrects circuit pressure loss and restores control over the secondary pressure regulator valve and boost valve function.
Secondary Pressure Regulator Valve Kit
- Secondary Pressure Regulator Valve
- Boost Valve
- Boost Sleeve
A worn secondary pressure regulator valve in vehicles with an Aisin AW TR-60SN, VW/Audi 09D transmission can cause several problems. Overheating the fluid, bushings, and torque converter can all be caused by a worn secondary pressure regulator valve. Drivability issues include harsh reverse engagement, TCC slip resulting in RPM surge, and poor shift quality. Sonnax kit 25741-11K is designed to correct the pressure outputs from the secondary pressure regulator valve and fix these drivability issues.
- The hard-coat anodized aluminum valves are wear-resistant for extended life
- The boost valve sleeve is highly wear-resistant to increase life
- Annular grooves have been added to the secondary pressure regulator valve to better center the valve in the bore
- The secondary pressure regulator valve has additional spool length to increase valve support
- Required Tool
- Related Part
- You need this if...
- Related Tech Resources
- Valve Body Layout
You need this if...
A vacuum test fails to yield the indicated 16 or 18 in-hg or greater, depending on the port tested as shown, or if visual wear is detected.
Click here to view PDF if instructions do not appear below.
Valve Body Layouts
Related Tech Articles