Tool Required VB-FIX Required
- Harsh downshifts
- Overheated fluid
- RPM surge on coast
- TCC apply & release concerns
- TCC codes
Bore wear at the TCC control valve and/or sleeve results in the converter remaining applied and transferring the shift shock. Loss of control also results in RPM fluctuation.
The Sonnax lockup clutch control valve kit corrects lost lube pressure and unsynchronized control timing caused by worn components in the lockup clutch control valve train and/or bore.
Lockup Clutch Control Valve Kit
- Plunger Valve
- Plunger Sleeve
- Plunger Spring
- Lockup Clutch Control Valve
- Lockup Clutch Control Sleeve
Aisin AW TR-60SN transmission complaints associated with bore wear at the TCC lockup control valve include harsh 2-3 and harsh coast downshifts. This is due to the converter clutch remaining applied. When bore wear delays TCC apply, the vehicle RPM may surge or set gear ratio codes due to high slip rates. Installing the Sonnax lockup clutch control valve kit 25741-29K will restore correct lube pressure and valve control timing.
- Salvages previously nonrepairable worn valve bodies and avoids expensive valve body replacement
- Highly wear-resistant sleeves provide additional support to the lockup and plunger valves
- Hard-coat anodized aluminum valves are wear-resistant and have more sealing contact with bore than OE to minimize leakage
- New spring maintains OE operating pressures and TCC timing
- Required Tool
- Related Part
- You need this if...
- Related Tech Resources
- Valve Body Layout
You need this if...
A vacuum test at the indicated ports fails to yield 18 in-hg or greater, or if visual wear is detected.
Click here to view PDF if instructions do not appear below.
Valve Body Layouts
Related Tech Articles