Powerglide Extreme Planetary Carrier Assembly & Output Shaft
- Carrier Assembly
- Output Shaft (OE Length)
- 1:69 Gear Set (12-Tooth)
1.69 Ratio, OE length shaft, 12-Tooth
- Ratio: 1.69
- Flange Tooth Count: 12
- Gear Process Level: Extreme
- Material: HY-Tuf Rolled Spline
- Shaft Length Option: OE
Sonnax offers complete Powerglide planetary assemblies available with a variety of gear set options. These assemblies come in various configurations to meet different build requirements. The output shaft is available in the OE length or short length and the machined from billet drum flange in 12-tooth (OE) or 24-tooth. Extreme planetary assemblies from Sonnax include Advanced Process sun gears and pinions made to the same exacting standards used on Formula 1, Nascar and other high-end professional racing circuits. Advanced Process parts undergo an additional three-step process that allows for greater durability and higher levels of performance. These units are fully assembled and ready to install.
- Cryogenic tempering to ultra-low temperatures (-350°F) for an even denser, more uniform gear with a tough and wear-resistant structure.
- Shot peening for increased gear resistance to fatigue failure, cracking or galling.
- Super-finish to reduce friction, vibration, noise and wear on the gear, potentially tripling the life of the part.