Powerglide Extreme Planetary Carrier Assembly & Output Shaft
- Carrier Assembly
- Output Shaft (Short Length)
- 1:69 Gear Set (12-Tooth)
1.69 Ratio, Short shaft, 12-Tooth
- Ratio: 1.69
- Flange Tooth Count: 12
- Gear Process Level: Extreme
- Material: HY-Tuf Rolled Spline
- Shaft Length Option: Short
Extreme planetary assemblies include Advanced Process sun gears and pinions made to the same exacting standards used on Formula 1, Nascar and other high-end professional racing circuits.
Advanced Process parts undergo an additional three-step process that allows for greater durability and higher levels of performance. These units are fully assembled and ready to install.
- Cryogenic tempering to ultra-low temperatures (-350°F) for an even denser, more uniform gear with a tough and wear-resistant structure.
- Shot peening for increased gear resistance to fatigue failure, cracking or galling.
- Super-finish to reduce friction, vibration, noise and wear on the gear, potentially tripling the life of the part.