- 2nd Gear starts
- No kickdown
- No upshifts
- Repeated governor hang-up
Sticking primary weights.
This governor bracket and spring assists the return of the primary weight.
Governor Bracket & Spring Kit
- 9-Coil Light Wire Spring for 4-Cylinder or Turbo
- 6-Coil Heavy Wire Spring for V6
- Washers (2)
- Bolt null 1
A common aftermarket fix is to install a spring inside the governor body. This approach often fails because the spring jams in the bore. The Sonnax governor bracket and spring kit 32204-03K is designed so the spring is outside the governor body, safely returning the governor valve to the at-rest position at stops.
- The Sonnax kit is designed to return the primary weight to the at-rest position.
- Two return springs are provided, one for 4-cylinder or turbo, and one for 6-cylinder applications.
- The bracket and spring can be installed with the transmission in the vehicle.
- The use of this governor bracket and return spring will slightly increase shift timing.
If weight has a through bore, use the 9-coil light spring, not the heavy spring. It is recommended to use a PTFE seal ring since cast-iron rings can contaminate governor.
- Patent No. 7,051,750