- Code 1741
- Engine stall on FWD engagement
- Low cooler flow
- No lockup
- Poor converter fill & delayed engagements
The modulator valve bore wears at either end or can stick in either position. Fluid control at the inboard circuit prevents lockup valve travel in reverse. The outer circuits affect converter flow and TCC apply through the solenoid.
The Sonnax sleeve reduces cross leakage and improves TCC solenoid control over the valve and apply oil.
TCC Modulator Sleeve Kit
- Solenoid Regulator Valve Spring
Constant oscillation of the torque converter clutch (TCC) modulator valve creates wear in the valve body bore, which can allow converter solenoid oil to exhaust. This prevents the TCC modulator valve from stroking fully to the apply position, which can create a no lockup complaint and/or set a 1741 code. Wear at the other end of the valve can prevent TCC release, resulting in cover dragging and stall on forward engagement. Sonnax offers a highly wear-resistant aluminum sleeve, 37947-07K, that mates with the OE anodized aluminum valve. Use of this sleeve allows the valve bore to be oversized, and the hydraulic integrity of the bore to be restored.
- Specially toleranced alloy aluminum sleeve is significantly more wear-resistant than the cast aluminum valve body.
- Alloy aluminum sleeve provides more contact surface with the valve for increased stability and durability.
- Kit includes a replacement solenoid regulator valve spring, which is often damaged during valvebody disassembly.
- The tool kit also works with the 37947-05K pressure regulator valve sleeve kit.