- Low solenoid feed pressure
- Shift codes
- Shift concerns
Wear at the cast aluminum accumulator bores by the steel pistons allows apply oil to exhaust.
The drop-in replacement anodized aluminum Sonnax accumulator pistons incorporate an O-ring for positive sealing and annular grooves for better centering and wear prevention.
Solenoid Modulator Accumulator Piston Kit
Wear at the solenoid modulator accumulator bores on this TF-81 unit is very common. Wear allows solenoid feed pressure to exhaust resulting in various shift complaints and/or codes. The Sonnax accumulator piston incorporates an O-ring for positive sealing and annular grooves for better centering and wear prevention.
- Drop-in replacement pistons no special tools required.
- Pistons incorporate an o-ring for positive sealing, even on worn bores.
- Annular grooves added for better piston centering and wear prevention.
- Anodized aluminum piston prevents wear and eliminates thermal expansion related leakage.
Two Locations. Fits Ford (AF21) and Mazda(AW6A-EL)
You need this if...
Visual inspection of the bore often shows shiny patches of wear. If wear is visible, perform at Wet Air Test or Vacuum Test at the apply port. Vacuum Test must hold a minumum of 18".
Click here to view PDF if instructions do not appear below.