- Flare shifts
- Gear ratio codes
- High line pressure in Reverse
- Low line rise
- TCC slip
The boost sleeve increases line pressure for shift quality, engagement and proper TCC apply. As the sleeve wears, torque signal oil will leak to exhaustand line pressure will not increase as commanded.
These Sonnax kits restore proper clearance with upgrade design and material to prevent EPC and reverse boost loss. Increased performance and OEM ratio kits are available.
Boost Valve Kit
With spacer, large ratio
- Dia.: 0.531"
- Dia.: 0.432"
Vehicles with a 5L40-E transmission are prone to poor line rise or high reverse pressure problems causing poor shift quality and clutch failure due to leakage at the boost valve assembly. Sonnax offers two replacement boost assemblies: the 55209-01K with large ratio (higher line rise and firmer shifts) and the OE ratio 55209-04K for factory performance.
- Boost valves are hard-coat anodized to eliminate wear on the inside diameter of the sleeves.
- Boost sleeves are made from alloy aluminum specifically designed to resist wear.
- Increased performance 55209-01K or OE ratio 55209-04K assemblies are available.
- Kit salvages costly 5L40-E pumps.