Tool Required VB-FIX Required
- Code P0741
- Damaged valve body casting
- Excess TCC slip
- Low cooler flow
- Overheated converter
- TCC lining failure
Valve and bore wear due to oscillation and contamination.
The Sonnax oversized TCC control valve salvages the valve body and restores TCC apply and release pressure.
Oversized TCC Control Valve Kit
- Springs (2)
- Dowel Pin
Some common complaints associated with a 5R55N and/or 5R55W and 5R55S are high TCC slip, slip codes 741, TCC lining degradation, and converter apply or release concerns. These complaints are often caused by wear at the TCC control valve casting bore. Although the control circuits used to stroke the control valve in the 5R55N differ from the 5R55W and 5R55S units, the TCC control valve is the converter oil switch valve, ultimately directing converter apply or release oil in both designs. The Sonnax oversized valve works in both the 5R55N and 5R55W and 5R55S, and allows the valve body bore to be refurbished to restore proper TCC modulator/apply circuit fluid pressure control.
- Precisely toleranced parts restore proper TCC modulator/apply circuit pressure control.
- Valve is made from hard coat anodized aluminum to prevent wear.
- Valve incorporates the balance line feed hole used in the 5R55N OE design.
- One replacement valve fits both 5R55N and 5R55W and 5R55S applications.
The modulator sleeve and inner modulator valve must be inspected for probable bore wear.