- Burnt converter
- TCC apply & release concerns
- TCC codes
Continuous oscillation of the steel lockup control plunger valve wears the inside of the cast-aluminum sleeve bore, allowing converter apply pressure to exhaust and preventing proper control of the lockup control valve
The tightly toleranced, drop-in replacement Sonnax valve and sleeve assembly restores proper hydraulic clearances and uses upgraded materials to prevent wear.
Lockup Control Valve Kit
Also fits AW55-51SN, AF 23/33 and RE5F22A units.
- Sleeve is manufactured from highly wear-resistant billet aluminum.
- Valve is made from hard-coat anodized aluminum to prevent wear.
- Salvages costly cores with minimal labor.
- Eliminates the need for expensive OE valve bodies.
You need this if...
A vacuum test of the sleeve assembly (while in the bore at the outboard converter apply feed port and TCC signal oil port as indicated) gives less than 18 of vacuum, or if a Wet Air Test at the same locations results in leakage at the neighboring exhaust ports on the opposite side of the casting.
Click here to view PDF if instructions do not appear below.