Tool Required VB-FIX Required
- Delayed engagement
- Delayed Forward
- Delayed Reverse
- Erratic shifts
- Firm TCC apply
- Flare upshifts & clutch distress
- Linear solenoid codes
- No Forward
- No Reverse
- Premature TCC apply
Wear at the inboard end causes excessive feed pressure. This floods the solenoids, reduces reaction time, resulting in harsh shifting and high line pressure. Wear at the outboard spool allows fluid to leak into the sump port reducing solenoid modulator pressure. This loss has the most affect on engagements and boost oil for line pressure rise.
The Sonnax wear resistant sleeve and valve restores control of feed oil pressure sent to critical solenoids.
"A" or "B" Pilot Valve Kit
- Pilot B Spring Red
- Pilot A Spring Silver
Pilot valve A feeds the line pressure modulating solenoid, and the TCC solenoid. Pilot valve B feeds the following solenoids: Direct and Input Clutch, Front Brake Band, Low Coast Brake and High & Low/Reverse. Various shift complaints, lock-up apply and line pressure problems can occur depending upon which bore is worn. The Sonnax sleeve and valve kit allows the valve body casting to be restored. With the improved materials and valve support, the service life can be extended beyond that of the OE casting
- Sonnax valve is hard-coat anodized aluminum to provide wear resistance.
- Annular grooves have been added to the valve for better centering in the bore.
- The highly wear-resistant Sonnax sleeve provides over 50% more support than the OE casting.
- New calibrated springs are included for restoring OE hydrualic pressure for either the A or B Pilot valve.