- Intermediate roller clutch failure
- Mechanical diode failure
- Retaining ring pops out of groove
Intermediate roller clutch or mechanical diode snap ring failure during high-rpm operation.
Shore up intermediate roller clutch or mechanical diode operation and prevent high-rpm blowout by installing Sonnax spiral retaining ring kit.
Spiral Retaining Ring Kit
- Spiral Retaining Rings (3)
- Locking Rings (3)
Works in roller clutch or mechanical diode applications.
Vehicles equipped with 4R70W/4R75W and AOD/AODE transmissions often experience failure of the intermediate roller clutch or mechanical diode during high-rpm conditions. Sonnax spiral retaining ring kit 76554RK incorporates a spiral snap ring that is staked to a locking ring to ensure ring contact with groove during high-rpm conditions, eliminating blowout.
- Wrap-around design maintains contact with groove bottom
- Locking ring prevents spiral retaining ring expansion during high RPM