- Bonded piston seal delamination
- Direct clutch failure
- Low line pressure in Forward
- No Forward unless RPM increased
- OD band distress
Leakage of forward or direct clutch oil due to worn accumulator bores.
The Sonnax 2-3 accumulator kit includes two sleeves, a replacement piston and two D-rings so the case may be salvaged without machining, restoring proper piston clearances.
2-3 Accumulator Piston Kit
- Sleeves (2)
- D-Ring Seals (2)
Forward or direct clutch oil pressure loss can often be traced to wear and scoring of the 2-3 accumulator bores. Previously, the only lasting correction was to replace the case. The Sonnax 2-3 accumulator piston and sleeve kit, 76890-21K, restores forward line pressure and salvages damaged cases by repairing damaged 2-3 accumulator bores on AOD, AODE & 4R70W and 4R75W units. Press-in sleeves and a matched piston restore pressures and install easily, without machining or special tools.
- Salvage transmission cases with damaged accumulator bore.
- Kit installs easily, with no special tools required.
- Works in AOD & E and 4R70W and 4R75W units.
- Eliminates concerns about bonded piston seal delamination.