- 2-3 Neutral
- 3rd & Reverse only
- Erratic shifts
- Loss of Forward under hard acceleration from a stop
- Neutral after 4th
- No 2nd
Bore wear causes the valve to stick or reduce solenoid pressure.
The Sonnax solenoid regulator valve has more surface contact to reduce sticking and oil loss, and increases working pressure to the shift solenoids.
Solenoid Regulator Valve Kit
- End Plug
- O-Rings 1 extra
The solenoid regulator valve ensures that the solenoids are not flooded with more pressure than they can exhaust. When the regulator valve sticks, the pressure becomes too high and the unit may exhibit wrong gear starts. A more common problem is wear in the solenoid regulator bore, causing working pressure to be too low. Low solenoid pressure results in no 2nd, no 3rd or a shift to neutral on a 3-4, 4-3 shift. Sonnax solenoid regulator valve kit 76948-14K prevents both sticking and leaking. Sonnax bore sizing tool 76948-BST2 is required to fit this valve to a closer tolerance.
- Hard-anodized valve has extended spool lengths that provide more sealing area with the bore, preventing sticking and leakage.
- A new spring is included to correctly regulate the extended spool valve.
- An O-ringed end plug is included to prevent shift solenoid oil pressure loss at the 1-2/2-3 shift valve.
- Annular grooves prevent side loading that leads to premature wear and leakage.
- Required use of the Sonnax bore sizing tool, 76948-BST2, removes the bore ridges that lead to valve stickiness and resizes the bore for optimum fit with the Sonnax valve.
You need this if...
Vacuum testing at the port(s) indicated fails to hold the recommended minimum in-Hg., or if wear is visually detected.
Click here to view PDF if instructions do not appear below.
Related Tech Articles