- Converter shudder & failure
- Cooler restriction
- Planetary failure
- TCC deflection & lining failure
- TCC lockup surge
Insufficient control of apply and release oil circuits results in high converter apply pressure and deflection of the lockup piston.
The redesigned Sonnax switch valve improves TCC solenoid control over the apply rate, reducing EMCC cycling
Converter Regulator Valve Kit
- Switch Valve
- Bias Valve
Not for use with #33 plates & bodies
High TCC apply pressures in the 41TE , 42LE and 42RLE transmissions cause the TCC (lockup piston) to deflect or balloon. This occurs because of insufficient control of apply and release oil circuits. This apply pressure spike causes a chain reaction of events. The TCC deflection causes converter failure, sending TCC friction lining material through the transmission. This can restrict the radiator, cause lack of lube, planetary meltdown or total unit failure. Often the unit may be overhauled and a repeat planetary failure could result from an undetected restricted cooler. Other complaints are converter shudder, or TCC lockup surge between 35 to 40 mph. The redesigned Sonnax regulator apply valve kit 92835-03K regulates TCC apply and release oil.
- Valve is compatible with all controllers.
- Valve is designed with an undersized middle spool that acts like an orifice to control flow entering the converter.
- Once flow passes through the middle spool, apply pressure is controlled by the internally regulated bias valve.
Not for use with #33 plates and bodies. Can be used with all later designs.
- Patent No. 6,793,053