- Burnt brake clutches
- Burnt clutches
- Delayed engagement
- Low line rise
- Slips & flares
- Soft shifts
- TCC apply & release concerns
- TCC codes
Loss of oil pressure due to worn components in critical oil circuits.
Zip Kit seals critical pressure losses.
- Reverse Boost Valve Kit
- Accumulator Control Plunger Valve Kit
- B1 Modulator Plunger Valve Kit
- 1-2 & 2-3 Shift Valve End Plugs & O-Rings 2 Each, Medium O-Rings
- 3-4 Shift Valve End Plug & O-Ring Large O-Ring
- Solenoid O-Rings (4) Small, 1 Extra
- TCC Control Valve & Sleeve Kit
- Secondary Regulator Valve End Plug & O-Ring Large O-Ring
- Extra End Plug O-Rings (4) 2 Medium, 2 Large
- Checkballs (10) Small, .218" dia.
- Checkball Large, .250" dia.
This Zip Kit is designed for 60-40LE (AF-13) applications only. A different kit, AW60-41SN-ZIP, is available for 60-41SN (AF-17) applications.
Sonnax Zip Kit AW60-40LE-ZIP targets the root cause of multiple complaints by sealing the critical circuit pressure losses in the Aisin AW 60-40LE (AF-13) valve body. The kit contains uniquely designed parts to prevent the loss of pressures within the main line, clutch apply control and lockup control circuits. The kit also seals multiple circuits known to suffer from end plug leakage or poor checkball sealing. No special tools are required for installing these parts.
The Zip Kit quick guide provides clear and easy instructions on one sheet to get the unit sealed up and back on the road fast. In addition to general rebuilding tips and technical information, the technical booklet included in this kit contains vacuum testing information and locations at other key areas of the valve body.
- No reaming required
- Installs quickly with no special tools required
- Uniquely designed parts address root causes of valve body complaints by sealing critical pressure circuits
- Detailed technical booklet included with in-depth rebuild and inspection tips for comprehensive valve body repair
In addition to general rebuilding tips and technical information, the technical booklet included in this kit contains vacuum testing and additional repair options for higher mileage units, or for repairing specific complaints which are beyond the scope of this kit.
Click on the unit names to view all recommended Sonnax repair options for these transmissions.
The Sonnax ZIP KIT®
The First Step in Correcting Common Shift Problems
It's easy to restore and extend vehicle shift quality with Zip Kits. Uniquely designed Sonnax parts target the root cause of valve body complaints and stop critical circuit pressure losses in the most common problem areas of the transmission.
Click here to view PDF if instructions do not appear below.
Related Tech Articles